By Leslie Wood, Chief Research Officer
If you Google “rules of advertising,” you’ll find that most of these golden rules focus on how to develop great creative. There isn’t a lot of data-driven direction for planning and delivering advertisements with the right messages to the right audiences. In the past, we didn’t have the tools and framework to understand the financial implications of messaging and targeting decisions. Today, we do.
Now, we can stop asking the following questions and start answering them.
- Does advertising really work or can I just cut the price?
- What are the best short- and long-term strategies for driving growth?
- Who should we target—current buyers or non-buyers?
- What are the roles of creative and media in driving brand growth?
- How should the life stage of my brand affect decisions?