If you plan or buy media, you live and die by each campaign’s success. And there’s no greater measure of that success than return on ad spend. Understanding the most effective elements of precision marketing enables agencies and brands to leverage insights discovered from previous campaigns. NCS provides a unique set of product offerings to continuously optimize all phases of the buying and planning process, from targeting/audience segmentation to In-Flight optimization and retro-active campaign measurement.
Critical to continuous media optimization is the identification of customers who are most receptive to your advertising and message—those viewers who actually purchase the product as a result of viewing your advertising. Targeting this group with your next campaign will raise your return on ad spend.
NCS can provide these capabilities to help achieve the goals of both the agency and advertiser:
1) Target Evaluator
- What: NCS will articulate the dollars potentially influenced by TV ads when you select programs based on buyers or sales volume of product.
- Application: Allocating media dollars and subsequently reaching your target audience is priority number one. NCS can help you understand the value of various consumer buyer definitions, and target media based on purchase behavior and campaign goals (i.e. drive trial, conquest competition, retain loyals, etc).
2) AdVantics on Demand™
- What: Choose the right program element without shrinking your GRPs to reach the most buyers or sales volume.
- Application: Similar to Target Evaluator, AdVantics On Demand goes one level deeper in television. Instead of just finding buyers, TV planning is opened up by applying audience buying behavior to adjustable elements such as programs and dayparts, while maintaining your gross rating points. In turn, agencies can use the advertiser’s budget more efficiently.
3) Audience AdVantics Targeting
- What: Integrating offline purchase data with 90%+ of the reachable ad impression via portals, publishers, ad networks, and programmatic technology partners.
- Application: In the digital and mobile realm, it is imperative to identify the optimal channels to launch and measure your campaign. NCS provides agencies with 15+ channel partners that are powered with NCS data, including Yahoo!, AOL, Google and more.
- What: Optimize creative, placement & delivery based on what drives the greatest incremental life throughout the campaign.
- Application: If a campaign is not delivering or meeting impression/sales expectations after four weeks, it’s time to switch it up – in real time. In-Flight enables agencies to change multiple campaign elements to reach any specific campaign goal, uncovering insights to share with the advertiser’s brand.
5) Sales Effect
- What: A precise and complete picture of incremental sales in response to your media campaign, broken down by buyer type, executional element and more.
- Application: Traditionally measured by impressions, ultimate success at NCS can be translated into incremental retail sales dollars. Agencies can utilize figures that chart ROAS and CPMs across historical norms and benchmarks. Furthermore, they can apply lessons of the sales effect study to future campaigns to ensure success.
See how NCS drives results here.
Boy scouts. Ninjas. The mafia. And you?
Yes, friend. Count yourself among their ranks, because you all live by a code – the bar code.
That’s right. For likely as long as you can remember, the purchases you’ve made have been painstakingly itemized and documented by those magical little elves of the retail world, better known as UPC bar codes. And today, we celebrate their 40th birthday. You brought a gift, right? Right?
It’s hard to imagine a world without UPCs, but it wasn’t until 1974 that the technology that made them possible manifested in the harmless sale of a pack of gum in Troy, Ohio. Back in those days, pretty much anything could be construed as a sign of the apocalypse, and bar codes certainly were. Thankfully, retailers persevered, and as a result we’ve all come to enjoy better inventory in stores, shorter checkout lines, and a slew of other advancements brought on by the granular insights afforded by UPCs.
So it’s the big 4-0 for our friend, the bar code. Over the hill, you think? Don’t say that to its face.
The UPC bar code is stronger than ever… strong enough that it could even be accused of juicing. But no way, pal. These guns are all natural, fed on a healthy diet of big data in the digital age. Technologies like Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) still utilize UPC nomenclature as the underlying model, and the most innovative retailers rely on bar codes to fuel their strategy to this day.
How is it that we’re still running our grocery stores and retailers on a 40-year-old innovation? Simply put, it’s still the most granular data available. At NCS we constantly extoll the virtues of UPC data, yet still find that some agencies and publishers are in the dark about its comparative value. Allow us to take you to school:
It’s not enough to have a ton of retail sales data – even if you happen to have the most, as Nielsen Catalina Solutions does. Your data loses value if it’s imprecise (or worse, misleading), which is why UPC bar codes are such a wonderful invention. Armed with that level of granularity, you can understand buyer behavior down to the flavor, size, packaging… You name it. This level of insight can often have a drastic impact on both your creative and your types of media buys. That’s the power of UPC data.
Want to know more? Get in touch.